On the first of January I like to do something I have called my smug run. I don't go running any other time of the year other than new years day. Two reasons I like to be a smug twat running about, look at me and my health, while most people have a hangover. And the other is symbolic, to run on this day I feel you are shedding the old, not running away from what has gone before but instead leaving it behind you, and moving on.
There are things I would like to bring into my year of 2016
- hug more. I think it is an understated quality.
- sign off emails with best wishes. It is a warmer approach.
- go for the different thing on the menu. Nice little way of implementing change.
- more yoga. Once a week isn't cutting it, there is so much to be explored in yoga.
- change my room. I am determined to make 2016 the year of good sleep and changing my room will help. I am sitting on a mountain of stuff, which adds to the clutter in the mind.
- explore Britain.
- make time for miscellaneous things
- stop blaming myself for everything. this is more of an ongoing saga, but they say to break a habit it can be done in 40 days.
I will expand on these points in future blog posts.
Imi Knoebel, 1977