Sunday 20 December 2015

1st of January










On the first of January I like to do something I have called my smug run. I don't go running any other time of the year other than new years day. Two reasons I like to be a smug twat running about, look at me and my health, while most people have a hangover.  And the other is symbolic, to run on this day I feel you are shedding the old, not running away from what has gone before but instead leaving it behind you, and moving on. 

There are things I would like to bring into my year of 2016

- hug more. I think it is an understated quality. 

- sign off emails with best wishes.  It is a warmer approach.

- go for the different thing on the menu. Nice little way of implementing change.

- more yoga. Once a week isn't cutting it, there is so much to be explored in yoga.

- change my room. I am determined to make 2016 the year of good sleep and changing my room will help. I am sitting on a mountain of stuff, which adds to the clutter in the mind. 

- explore Britain. 

- make time for miscellaneous things

- stop blaming myself for everything. this is more of an ongoing saga, but they say to break a habit it can be done in 40 days. 

I will expand on these points in future blog posts. 








Imi Knoebel, 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment