Saturday 5 December 2015

this week










- went to see the bridge of spies last night. There is something comforting about a Spielberg film. Quote from the movie;
Rudolf Abel: This one time, I was at the age of your son, our house is overrun by partisan boarder guards. Dozen of them. My father was beaten, my mother was beaten, and this man, my father's friend, he was beaten. And I watched this man. Every time they hit him, he stood back up again. Soldier hit him harder, still he got back to his feet. I think because of this they stopped the beating and let him live... "Stoikiy muzhik". Which sort of means like a "standing man"... Standing man...

- day trip with my fellow artist friend Ruth Ainsworth to Stroud to drop off our work to the pop up shop Nothing but Navy. All items in there are Navy (clue is in the name), so 6 of my Navy ink drawings have gone there to be displayed and sold.

- got myself a Himalayan Salt lamp, been wanting one for ages.

- obsessed with watching season 2 of Fargo. This is the tv I love, script is excellent and every still could be a picture and it has Kirsten Dunst who is on top form.

- booking in on yoga workshops at yoga bodhi the other studio I work at. How amazing do these workshops sound! I am so excited for everyone of these. I got told to book things that bring you joy far in advance, so you always have something to look forward to. So when things go tits up for a bit you always have something good on the horizon.

108 Sun Salutations & Chanting For Winter Solstice With Simona

The Lost Art of Fermentation and probiotic Foods with Nicola Clarke & Paul Haenel










Mark Rothko, c.1947

No comments:

Post a Comment